- Provide assistance to campus access to individuals with disabilities.
- Support reasonable academic accommodations for learning opportunity.
- Assist students in advocating for themselves in an independent, responsible, and productive way.
- Ensure that all disability-related information provided is kept confidential.
- Students must self-identify as being a person with a disability, to the Counselor for Students with Disabilities.
- Students must provide current documentation of their disability from a qualified professional that includes information of their limitations.
- Students must request accommodations in a reasonable and timely manner.
- Students must abide with all Kaua`i Community College policies and procedures, and be otherwise qualified for their degree program.
Kaua`i Community College offers various courses and programs and is committed to providing equal access to all of its’ courses, buildings and course activities. Accommodations are based upon current documentation and program or course requirements and technical standards. Appointment with the Counselor for Student with Disabilities to determine reasonable accommodations is recommended.
- Priority registration if physical access is a concern
- Materials provided in alternate formats such as assistance with RFB tape textbooks, or enlargement of printed material
- Classroom Note-takers
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Testing accommodations
To meet with the counselor to discuss accommodations or any other questions call (808) 245-8212 for an appointment or email: email@example.com. The office is located in the One Stop Center, Room 102K.
Disability Services Office
One Stop Center, Rm. 102K
3-1901 Kaumuali`i Highway
Lihu`e, HI 96766-9500
Phone: (808) 245-8212
Fax: (808) 245-8297