Kaua'i Community College




Are You Eligible to Apply for Financial Aid?

1. You must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or pass the Compass Placement Test with the Department of Education's approved scores. UPDATE: Students who begin a program for the first time after July 1, 2012 MUST have either a high school diploma, home school creditial, or GED to be eligible for financial aid.

2. You MUST be accepted or enrolled as a CLASSIFIED student seeking a degree or certificate at Kaua'i CC.

3. Kaua'i CC must be listed as your "Home Campus" and you must register for at least three credits at Kaua'i CC. Applicants who have listed majors of Unclassified or any Certificate program that requires less than 16 credits and/or is less than 15 weeks will NOT be eligible for Financial Aid. Additionally, students enrolled in the Massage Therapy program, or NURS 16 are not eligible for Financial Aid.

4. You MUST meet the terms of Satisfactory Academic Progress. Please refer to the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP) which is available at the Financial Aid Office and online. The minimum grade point average (GPA) required is at least a 2.0 for most awards.

5. You MUST be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen.

If you meet the eligibility requirements above, your next step is to apply. If you have any questions or need help, contact our Financial Aid Office.


Please remember that communication from our office is sent to your UH portal.  Check your UH email on a regular basis.

We are no longer mailing paper letters.


Kaua'i Community College