Kaua'i Community College



The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is used to apply for federal, state and some scholarship aid programs. Students are encouraged to apply on-line and as early as possible since some financial aid programs have limited funds.

Students are encouraged to complete their FAFSA by April 1st of each year. Although we advise students to submit their FAFSA applications by this date, we will continue to accept applications until the last day of instruction for the semester.

You can file a FAFSA electronically at www.fafsa.gov. We suggest you print out the FAFSA ON THE WEB WORKSHEET to note your answers and organize them for submission. You (and your parent if you are classified as a dependent based on the FAFSA definition) will need a PIN number(s) for electronic signature purposes. A PIN number can be obtained by visiting www.pin.ed.gov. Upon obtaining your PIN number(s), you can submit your FAFSA data electronically. If you encounter difficulties in the electronic process, please contact the Financial Aid Office or the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 for assistance.

Kauai'i CC's Federal School Code for the FAFSA is 001614 .

You can also schedule an appointment with the Financial Aid Office and we can assist you with completing and filing a FAFSA. Contact us at (808) 245-8360 to schedule an appointment

Upon processing your FAFSA, the federal government will forward the results of the application to you and to each school noted on the FAFSA. If the Financial Aid Office needs additional information to determine a your aid eligibility, the additional items required will be requested through your myUH Portal and also through email. If you are selected for a process called verification, you will be required to submit additional information (e.g. Verifiation Worksheet and tax documents). Upon determination of your aid eligibility, the Financial Aid Office will inform you of your award status via email. You can also check your award status online through myUH Portal.

If you are determined to be ineligible for financial aid and wish to appeal the decision, please contact the Financial Aid office for the appropriate appeals form.



Please remember that communication from our office is sent to your UH portal.  Check your UH email on a regular basis.

We are no longer mailing paper letters.



Kaua'i Community College