FEDERAL LOAN PROCESS
If you have previously received a Federal Direct Loan at Kaua'i Community College : Follow the instructions below:
- After you have accepted your loans through your UH portal, log on to www.studentloans.gov to make sure that you have completed a Master Promissory note and Entrance counseling for Kaua'i Community College. If both requirements are completed there is no further action you need to take.
If this is your first time receiving a Federal Direct Stafford at Kaua'i Community College: Follow the instructions below:
- After you have accepted your loans through your UH portal you must complete the Stafford Entrance Exam and Master Promissory Note (MPN) process below.
- **If you are a freshman student and a first-time borrower, you are not eligible for your loan until 30 days into the semester, at which time we may ask you to verify your attendance in your classes. In addition, you are required to complete two Life Skills sessions. Please click here to access the Life Skills instructions. Make sure to use the First Time Loan Borrowers access code (00161400-02).
COMPLETING THE STAFFORD ENTRANCE EXAM AND MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE
You will need your FAFSA PIN. If you do not have a PIN, go to http://www.pin.ed.gov to apply for one.
1. Go to www.studentloans.gov
2. Click the Sign In button
3. Once you are on the Welcome screen, click the appropriate links to perform:
- Complete Entrance Counseling
- Complete Master Promissory Note
FOR ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE:
Call the Direct Loan Servicing Center during normals hours of operation, Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 8:30 P.M. at 1-800-848-0979
FOR HELP RESOLVING PROBLEMS WITH YOUR LOAN DEBT:
Visit the Office of the Ombudsman at www.ombudsman.ed.gov