Business Education Division
Business Education: Major areas include Accounting; Business Technology; Culinary Arts; and Hospitality and Tourism. These areas of emphasis may lead to a Certificate of Competence, a Certificate of Completion, a Certificate of Achievement, or an Associate in Applied Science Degree.
The Business Technology program focuses on skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to prepare students for employment in government and industry positions such as administrative assistants, information processors, receptionists, clerks, or secretaries. Courses include both business and general offerings to broaden students’ background and to enhance employment and promotion possibilities.
A GPA of 2.0 or higher for all courses applicable toward the degree or certificates is required to meet graduation requirements.
A grade of “C” or higher in all Business Technology program courses is required for graduation.
Business Technology Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs)
1. Communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written interactions, complying with standard office etiquette.
2. Use research and decision making skills to make informed choices consistent with personal and organizational goals.Apply appropriate strategies to secure employment, retain a job, and advance in a career.
3. Use current and emerging technologies effectively to create and manage documents and handle multiple priorities.
4. Work as a responsible member of a team to meet an organization’s objectives.
5. Demonstrate professionalism in work quality, appearance, attitude, and workplace behavior as required in a diverse business environment.